Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Quick Recap

Well its been a while, hasn't it? Just a quick update on whats been happening in my life the past 2 and a half years.

In October of 2013 I started dating the most amazing man on the planet. From the start we knew that we were going to be together for the rest of our lives and let me tell you, that is an amazing feeling.

In May of 2014 my best friend since birth got married. It was so amazing getting to see my childhood best friend get married to the man of her dreams. Her wedding was all pink and sparkles which is completely her style, but not mine ;)




In July I had the amazing opportunity to serve at Camp Blessing. That place will forever hold a special place in my heart. I left that week completely in awe of God and in awe of the way that He uses such small things to show you how awesome he is. Camp Blessing is a camp for kids who have Special Needs and that week I had the honor of being the buddy of a little girl named Dani. She was such a trooper throughout the entire week and she showed me that no matter your disability, you can still worship God, which is exactly what she did. In fact all of the campers showed me that. It was amazing to look around the room during worship time and see all of the kids and counselors just worshipping God in their own personal way.

  In August I moved to College Station thinking that I would start school to become a Special Ed teacher. I ended up just working the entire first semester that I was living there. I was just a housekeeper for a Jewish couple in their 70's and I babysat part time. I lived with a sweet lady and her granddaughter from that August up until June of 2015 when I moved in with the people that I was working for at that time.

That December on Christmas Eve my boyfriend(Dallas) asked me to marry him and he made me the happiest girl in the world. We went to a place near my family's house where they set up a HUGE display of Christmas lights every year. We stopped to take a picture(because I LOVE pictures) and as I started to walk away when we were done he pulled me back for "another" and when I turned around he was down on one knee and he asked me to marry him. I said "Oh my gosh are you serious?!" And he said yes and showed me the ring, which I couldn't even see because I was crying, and of course I said yes!!

July 25th, 2015 I got married to the love of my life, whom I love more and more every day. It is true when they say that the whole process of wedding planning goes by so fast. It is even more true when they say that your wedding day goes by so fast. The anticipation throughout the day was incredible. I had never been so ready to stand in front of a bunch of people in my life. To be honest though, once I was up there I didn't even notice them. All I could see was the man I was about to marry. In my opinion, it was the most beautiful wedding ever ;). I was told that I was too aggressive on the first kiss. Oops!     Apparently I leapt at him, I disagree. I still haven't lived that down.



We honeymooned in Colorado and it was my first time to see the mountains. THEY ARE GORGEOUS!! We stayed in a secluded cabin just outside of Telluride for the first few days and then we stayed in Manitou Springs for the last few days.






September 19th my brother and sister in law welcomed their first born son into the world. He also happens to be my very first nephew. He's absolutely adorable.
Currently my husband and I rent a two bedroom apartment in College Station while he attends school full time to be a civil engineer. I work full time as a nanny/housekeeper which keeps me super busy, but I love it! My school plan has changed however and I am now planning on going to school in the future to become a pediatric Occupational Therapist. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me in 2016!

Now we're all caught up on the biggest moments in my life these past couple of years! Hopefully it won't be quite so long before I make another post ;)

If you have any questions/comments feel free to email me at 29sarahelisabeth@gmail.com.
Or, ya know, just leave a comment below this post ;)

Sarah Chute



No comments: